I Guess I'm a Bit of an Exhibitionist

One thing I should probably tell you about NUA is that, in the middle of the campus, there is a large(ish) gallery space that has a weekly rotation of students' work. It's actually something I really love about this university and I honestly wish that UCA did this as well, because it's so awesome to look at everyone's work and support your friends and fellow students in the process. I think I'll suggest it when I get back to England...

Anyway, at our orientation at the beginning of the semester, we were told that there was going to be an International Students Exhibition and that this would be a chance for us to show off the work we'd produced during the term. Admittedly, this exhibition took place about a month before the end of term, so not all of our work would be finished, but the hope was that we would have enough work between us to show off the power of the foreigner (or something like that). Having just missed out on exhibiting my work with the rest of my classmates back in England (you could say I felt a little...blue), I was so excited to be given a second opportunity to (humbly) show off all of my hard work.

Though my classes were a bit slow at first, by the time the exhibition rolled around, I had more than enough work to take up my whole wall, and I could not wait to see them on display with those little plaques next to them. I'd like to mention at this point that, up until now, I'd never really trusted myself with a hammer and nail due to my diabolical coordination, but I sucked it up for a total of 16 nails and I was very proud of my handiwork. Bob the Builder? More like Bear the Builder. Can she fix it? Eh, probably not but it's the thought that counts.

On the evening of the first day of the exhibition, we had an opening ceremony which consisted of multiple speeches followed by a lot of food. Count me in. I had actually only mentioned the opening ceremony to one of my friends, partially because I kept forgetting about it, and partially because I wasn't sure if anybody would want to come, so I was overjoyed when I saw tonnes of my friends and classmates show up just to support me and (more importantly) eat food. Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!

Looking back, I am so proud of myself and all the other exchange students (but mostly myself) for pulling off a really awesome exhibition! But I think I'll leave the nails to someone else next time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shocking, I Know

E-I-E-I-O-M-G

It's Time For Some Constructive Criticism